Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I'm Cherry Bomb and i have two female DSH kittens, one is all white with grey spoldges on her head and the other is a black kitten who is absolutely tiny! They are 6 and 5 months old :)
I was wondering if i could get peoples opnions on something, I have been offered another kitten who is 16 weeks old and used to live with one of my cats before we took her. The people who bought the cat that used to live with her gave him back to the original owners because the husband had an allergy problem with it. This kitten that i could potentially buy is very sweet and cute, the only problem i think i have is that i live in a 2 bed apartment so i was wondering if people would think 3 cats would be too much? I live here with my BF and we have two large double bedrooms that the cats currently go into and a large open plan living room/kitchen where the cat tree, cat beds, litter trays and food bowls are. We also have a decent sized storage room with a light which, i thought, if we got 3 cats, we could clean out and then use this room as their litter box room. We also have a decent sized balcony but its not exactly cat proof yet.The bathroom is small, but they never go in it for very long anyway.
I really want to know what people think because this worry is holding me back. I don't want the kitties to be overcrowded, even though the space seems perfectly fine for the two girls at the moment (we have a lot of shelving which they love to climb up on too!)

Please let me know what you guys think! :)

Cherryx

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
The space sounds fine to me. As you mentioned, you can always increase their area by adding more vertical space, such as shelving, cat trees, etc. Let us know what you decide!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone :) Your replies made me feel a lot more confident about getting another kitty. We did decide to get him but...my mum fell in love with pictures of him and since she has a large house with a garden and misses our old cat she will be his new owner instead. I make regular visits anyway so i'll still get to spend time with him. However, until shes prepared everything i'll be taking care of him for a little bit at my place :) can't wait!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts