Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a brand new owner of two kittens. They/we are still getting to know each other and it has been a stressful couple of days so far. Well, I don't know what else to say right now, just wanted to say hi :)

chris

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Hi and welcome. Introductions can be stressful, but hopefully they'll soon be best friends. Love to see pictures...I adore kittens!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I heard that the new rule was that there is a requirement to post pictures by all kitten owners :crazy! Enjoy these days when they are young, they will fly by before you know it.

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi again and thanks for the welcome!

This is Mellon. She's almost 4 months old and I got her about 3,5 weeks ago. It was love on first sight for both of us and we have really bonded a lot in this short time :)

I felt it was important to find her a same aged friend as soon as possible. I found an ad for a 15 weeks old kitten that needed a new home, and after a couple of emails and a lot of naivety from my side, I ended up with a cat almost twice the size (and probably age) of Mellon. I never felt so stupid in my life and was more angry at myself than at the guy who tricked me into buying her...

Anyways, this is Collie

Due to the size of my apartment an ideal introduction was not possible :( Collie and Mellon don't seem to like each other very much, but it has only been 4 days, and I think they are slowly getting used to the situation.

I just feel so sorry for Mellon. She was so happy before and I don't know if that's even possible with cats, but I think her face expression has completely changed since Collie arrived. I can't see the confident smile on her face anymore, she looks sad and confused :(

I know I have done a lot of mistakes already. I hope it's not too late to make everything right and become a happy little family again :)

PS, I'm sorry for my not so perfect English, it's not my first language

1 - 5 of 5 Posts