Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi Everybody, We're new here but won't be for long! You all come highly recommended by our friend David. Yes, my kitty is named Professor Fuzzybutt. Funny story that... my son worked for the Humane Society of Pinellas County and we fostered a beautiful tuxedo kitten. He jumped all over the cage that we had to have him in during the day (their rules). I mentioned that he jumped around like a Cricket and thus his name. Then a friend realized that he has white diamonds up the back of one leg - so his name is now Sir Cricket of Argyle. We fostered lots of others along the way and eventually got a little Russian Blue - poor thing was scared of her own shadow back then, but it was love at first sight for me :love2. Well, my son claimed naming rights since he was the employee - though now at the SPCA of TampaBay. That's when he named her Professor Fuzzybutt. We're shaking our heads at this, naturally, but we've grown to love it. Fuzzy for short of course. Well, my son moved out and took his cat - Sir Cricket, and I took mine, Fuzzy and now we're all looking for new friends. Glad to meet you all!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey such a small world... I'm in Tampa! And my Annabelle came from the humane society of Tampa. I wonder if your son once knew my cat as "Scooter". That would really make this a small world!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hello Barbara! Welcome here! Your kitty has a funny name! It reminds me of one of my friends. She had a baby recently and she is breastfeeding her son and he cannot be still. He is still moving while he is "eating" so she calls him Fuzzybutt! what a coincidence!:razz:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there! Another Floridian. :D From the Orlando area.

Your cat names are too funny! As I mentioned in my introduction post, we have a cat named Optimus Prime Robot Fighter. (My husband and I each named a cat... you can guess which one he named.) We call him Opie for short though!

My dad used to have a cat we found under his horse feed trailer. It was the scrawniest little thing and grew into a beautiful, fluffy cat. My dad named him Mortise (after a woodworking term) and insisted on pronouncing it "Mor-teese", like Matisse. So nerdy! Haha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts