Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
I am Arties new mom! I adopted Artie almost 4 months ago. He is an 8yr old orange tabby.
A sweet, lonely, food fussy, cuddle bug! Not a lap cat, but always lies down on top of me and loves to play! and talk to me!
Does anyone know Cat Meow language??
He comes running and yells at me when I come home from work; and tells me all about his day! and when I am home he talks to me all day!
Of course I talk back to him in his language, he does correct my grammar and accent!
In the few months I have had him, I have found out he has a heart murmur, and bad teeth! For an 'adopted' cat, he sure has been expensive.
I had fleeting thoughts about returning him, cuz of the expenses, but Artie is my cat! I mean, we were meant to be and he is in his forever home! I love him and he is finally comfortable in his new environment! He has had an echocardiogram--a functional murmur, thank goodness! and dental work- one tooth gone and a full cleaning.....
I love my buddy!
well, I can go on and on, but this is enough!
Thanks for welcoming me!

·
Premium Member
9,126 Posts
Welcome to Cat Forum. Artie sounds like a wonderful cat. You choose a winner. I have always said orange kitties are the solid citizens of the cat world. Every orange boy Ive fostered have been well rounded balanced cats. Did you know most orange kitties are boys!

I have to commend you for adopting and older kitty. They are over looked in shelters. Over 70%to of cats that enter shelters are killed each year. You saved his life and youre giving him happiness, health and the oppertunity of a great second half of his life. He will bring you so much joy in return. Sorry to hear he has a heart murmer. Cherish each day you have with him.

·
Banned
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you all! Artie is a real sweetie! In fact, I think he is lonely during the day, while I am at work...thinking about getting him a friend, but he is still too new here, 4 months, and still skittish of the noises in the apartment building...plus, I am supposed to be allergic to cats, but he doesn't bother me!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
welcome to you and artie. he DOES sound like a sweet sweet boy. so glad he captured your heart and you are committed to caring for him for the rest of his life. sounds like he is really showing you how much he loves and appreciates you for doing that by being such great company and a great conversationalist. those orange tabbies DO seem to have a great reputation for being all around great guys. never met one in a shelter that wasn't the friendliest one in the room! even with a heart murmur, i'm sure he can still have a great, happy, healthy life.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Awwweee! what a little character! I think you should give it more time before you think about getting him a friend though, let him get fully adjusted.

·
Banned
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi!
Yes, I am not ready for him to get a new buddy....esp since "I" am his new buddy right now...
I bought him a cat tree, and he doesn't seem to have much interest in it.
I put it in front of the sliders, looking onto the balcony and placed a table next to it so he can easily jump onto the top level. It seems the only time he uses it is when I put him there...well time will tell, I may move it to my other bedroom, which was my dad's when he was alive-he passed right after new years this year. Artie has taken over the room as his play room! and my dad's bathroom is now Artie's!
Artie is a sweet, loveable cat, for 8 yrs old--and loves to play at least twice a day for at least 15-30 min at a time...and he loves the sun!
He is finicky on his food. Thought I had that straightened out, then he had his dental, and he got finicky again! All his favorites, he now dislikes and I have yet to find one brand and flavors he likes!
he had to be in a very quiet home cuz he is skittish around noises. I live in an apartment building. I guess this is enough about him!
I work in a hospital and work long hours. I have some time off right now and since I have had a horrible year, I am hanging out, some docs appointments for me, and staying with Artie...
Question: when will I be able to reply to some messages?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts