Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have a year old rescue named Bowie and she is the love of my life! I got her and her mommy who were found as strays. Mommy had just had her litter and Bowie was so tiny at maybe 3 weeks, if that! She is pure white, with a mohawk of grey. And she "odd eyes." One is blue the other is a yellow/green. I also have a 3 year old German Shepherd named Zeb. According to him, Bowie is "his" cat. He herds her around the house, takes care of her like she was his baby. Bowie in return never leaves his side. She even grooms him :) Here are some pics of my babies.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Bowie is adorable, and it looks like she gets along well with your dog. Her eyes are lovely. Did you name her after David Bowie, who also has heterochromia (two different colored eyes)?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Bowie,

I'm a noob from Florida, too!

It's funny how the cats own the dogs sometimes.

I had a beautiful green eyed devil, Maggie, she was a Hurricane Andrew rescue kitten, and fit in the palm of my hand when I brought her home. I set her on the sofa, and as my red dobie Spock walked by, she fell in love...ran across the sofa and jumped at him. (He was a lover of kittens, he raised a litter of newborns covered in ants we found abandoned in the anchor locker of our boat in Islamorada one time, but that's another story).

Well, Spock went to the big kennel in the sky, so I adopted a Greyhound. If any of you ever adopt a track dog, know they are never really housetrained, you have to keep them kenneled at night. Well, Maggie instantly fell in love with Wylie the Greyhound...and he loved his crate...he'd go in there if he was bored, and Maggie would crawl right in after him. She loved that mutt, and he loved her right back, he'd lick her until her head was soaking wet. I'd have to be careful when closing his crate for the night not to lock Magg's in there with him.

Alas, those two are no longer with me, either, but just writing about them is a happy experience.

Thanks for sharing, and bringing back happy memories. Your Bowie is a lovely girl...and your Shepherd is a beauty, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts