Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, (sorry this is long)
I am new to this but very excited. I have two cats, dunkin [1yr old] who is destined to stay a kitten forever [ she just stopped growing, not that I am complaining :) ] and then donut [6 yrs old] yes that does make dunkin donut, I love my coffee and my cats so there my double D's. In additon I have 3 Boston Terriers who ahm get schooled by both cats :).
A little history: Dunkin is a Manx that was abandoned at 3 weeks old, poor thing, she was to shy and small to have around our 3 dogs all day so we went to an animal shelter and tried to find the sweetest and largest cat there, we found donut all 35 lbs of him! ( thank god he is on a diet now) he was larger than any of our dogs and protected dunkin. It was very cute to see all he did, like opening doors and when dunkin would get restless he would actually throw a cat ball and have dunkin bring it back. I was sure this cat was super smart and talented and could not figure how he could get better, but he did.
We recently had issues with dominance fighting between our Boston's, it was when two of our dogs got into a bad fight and my 4 yro niece was over when "it" happened, she screamed and I ran for her not wanting her to get hurt and my cat donut sprung into action he ran over to the dogs and just basically whooped both dogs. They stood there like wait what? and now even when there is a slight disagreement with any of the dogs donut just walks over there and sits in front of them like " ok what wrong now" and then everything is fine. The cats are the best thing that ever happened to my family. and Donut has just made everything in my house like pure joy he is a leader but all the animals love and trust him.
I hope your cats are as much a blessing ours have a wonderful day! ( Pics coming in a moment)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh it was not easy... it takes a lot of patience and making the dogs submit to the cats, we had a lot of help too, each family member had an animal to take care of and make sure they were comfortable at all times. It took a good 3 months to get them all acclimated to each other now there one big family they all play, sleep and relax together. Oh and with your friend, you should allow the dogs to come over more often so the cats are not so surprised by them, and allow the cats to be the ones who investigate, dogs are more trusting and flexible about things changing then cats are.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts