Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here and need some advice about my cat and financial circumstances. I have been unemployed for over a year and a half and my cat is sick with a respiratory infection and also has fleas. I adopted her from Petsmart over 4 years ago, and am so ashamed typing this. I can barely afford to support myself, and there are no free vets that I know of. Can I take her back to Petsmart? I have tried finding her a home with no success. Anyway I am trying to find help I am having trouble keeping a roof over my own head, but I can't stand to see her hurting.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
She really should be seen by a vet for the respiratory infection. But if you absolutely cannot afford it, you can try L-Lysine. I certainly hope you will not have to give up your pet.

For fleas, buy a flea comb, and shampoo the cat in Dawn Dish Detergent mixed with a little water. If your cat's shorthair, you can pretty much get rid of fleas with a flea comb if you comb 2-3x/day. If she's longhair it would be better to shampoo her. You may have to repeat in another 2 weeks. All the best and I hope you find employment soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much!! She is long-hair, so I guess shampooing her would be best. I will try that, thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts