Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a long time multiple cat owner from Memphis. I've got three: Mimi, Lucy, and Nemo, all are adopted/rescued. Mimi is coming up on 8 years this May. She came from a stray litter that a friend cared for, and was my first pet as an adult. I adore this cat. Lucy's age is unknown, I adopted her from House of Mews in Memphis about two years ago, as a companion for Mimi. I estimate she was about 3 at that time (which would make her close to 5 now). She is precious, well-behaved, soft as fluff, and looks just like Maneki Neko. We think she may be a Japanese Bobtail, she's got all the characteristics. But I'm no real judge of breeds, my house is full of mutts.

Nemo came from the Humane Society, where as a kitten her lower mandible had been broken in half, and she was very traumatized. My (at the time brand new) boyfriend adopted her, actually, at the same time I was looking for Lucy. I wanted an adult cat, knew what I was getting into. James, however, did not, though I didn't know it at the time. He saw this frightened, pathetic little kitten and his heart broke, he took her home on the spot. We now live together, and Nemo has broken my two-cat limit. She went through some phases: 1) being too frightened to leave our bed, which for a time doubled as a litter box, 2) licking the hair off of her sides, 3) eating objects, like a goat, 4) shredding paper... this phase is ongoing... 5) clinging and wanting to be held like a baby. No joke, I think she suffered from Post Traumatic Stress. I am not being sarcastic. She had a very rough life as a kitten. Now, she is hands down the most affectionate cat I have ever been around. There is LITERALLY NO time that she does not want to be held. If you happen to make eye contact with her, you've lost the battle. She will be in your lap, paws wrapped around your neck before you can breathe. She's also got the most expressive face you'll ever see.

I found this forum because I'm having some problems with Nemo, and I want to ask for advice. I'll be addressing that in the Health section as soon as I'm allowed to post there.

For now, hello everyone, looking forward to meeting some people! And here are a couple pictures to introduce you to this "Nemo" character, my troublemaking brat :)

From last year's Xmas card:

Trying to interfere...

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
Poor little Nemo!! She's adorable and it sounds like she has a great home.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts