Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am joining the cat forum because I have a very sweet cat with a behavioral issue towards my oldest son. She is very sweet to me and my youngest son. She used to just adore my oldest son but then he went off to college and he is gone for longer and longer time frames. She hisses at him and today scratched and bit him. She will go sit beside him and ends up hissing at him. She will rub up against his legs and then hisses and then goes back and does it again.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated. He picked her out from the litter when we got her. I am so baffled by this behavior.

TIA

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Help needed

Hi

I posted on the 6th about how my cat who used to adore my oldest son is now not very happy with him at all. He is away at college and comes home at break. She will rub up against him and then hiss at him and then repeat it again. She has snuggled up with him for a but and likes it and then turns on him. The other day she was on his lap and attacked him. He did something today that made me upset and she tried to attack him again.

This behavior is so not like her.

Any insight would be appreciated. My oldest son loves cats and we are quite puzzled at her behavior.

Thanks,
Lilychic from Seattle

·
Registered
214 Posts
Welcome!

It sounds to me like your kitty is upset that your son went away. She misses him and is now upset when he comes home. Have you spoken to your vet? I'm thinking this may not be that uncommon.

Maybe when your son is away and he phones you can put the phone to his ear so he can hear his voice? I am sure your kitty will adjust.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't spoken to my vet. She is fine with my youngest son who is still home with me. Last night she was going to attack him but it was when he was going to sit down on the couch by me and then later she was playing with him with a toy. She is sooo sweet so this behavior is baffling to say the least.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts