Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a 31 year old from Nova Scotia. Two kitties, Wicket is a stray we adopted in November from under someone's porch, he's about two years old. Atlas is a rescue kitten from our local shelter and he's about 4.5 months old, just came to live with us two weeks ago.

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
Welcome!

Looking forward to lots of pictures and stories.

Love the names!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Hi and welcome! I love Nova Scotia. My parents and sister used to live there (in Lower Sackville) and I've been to Halifax many times, either to visit them or on business. Looking forward to hearing about Wicket and Atlas.

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
Beautiful cats! Gorgeous!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hah I just tried to enlarge my own thumbnails and it says I don't have permission, funny :D Wicket is the stray from underneath someone's porch, we found him on kijiji in November, the girl who was feeding him was getting worried about the cold but had 3 cats of her own and couldn't take in another one. We had him neutered and the vet thinks he's about 2 years old. He's super chatty, I've never met a cat who talks so much, he purrs and chirps and mewls and makes almost any noise you could think of. He must have belonged to someone because he's perfectly trained, never scratched once on the furniture, always uses his litterbox, and almost never gets up onto counters or tables (when we're awake, anyway, I'm sure he does all sorts of stuff we don't know about at night!). He's got an extra toe on his front paws and the BIGGEST feet, and he loves fluffy things--blankets especially, he buries his face in them and kneads and purrs. He also rolls right over on his back with all four legs stretched out when he's really sleepy, used to sleep on our bed like that.

Atlas is our adoption from the shelter, we met him by accident--one of the shelter's foster families cat-sat for Wicket over Christmas and when Wicket seemed lonely we contacted them and asked if they had any tabby-ish kittens because there weren't any at the shelter. Atlas was just about old enough for adoption and when we met him we fell in love right away--even though we met in a gas station parking lot for quick peek, he was so trusting of us, crawled right up underneath my chin and started to purr. He was a failure to thrive kitten, and his siblings all died--none of them would nurse from their Mom even though they were all brought in together and they all had to be fed with an IV. He was the only one who started eating. We called him Atlas because he has the weight of the world on his shoulders (Wicket is named after the Ewok because of his chubby furry face!).

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Susan--yeah, it only took the first 12 hrs for them to stop hissing at one another, then another 24 or so for them to start playing, and now they sleep together (well, Wicket sleeps ON Atlas a lot of the time)--we've had Atlas for about 3 weeks. It's been great for Wicket, he spent a lot of time whining at us before we got the kitten and now he's still friendly with us but he seems a lot less bored!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts