Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kitty was spayed on Monday morning, you wouldn’t know it. She’s as mad as ever, eating, drinking and using her litter box. Desperate to go out, should I let her?

·
Super Moderator
27,081 Posts
Not sure what you mean - go outside of confinement in the bathroom or bedroom? Or go outside of the house? I would say no to leaving the house because there are too many ways to tear apart stitches, which could lead to the incision site becoming infected. Which could lead to more vet bills. Better safe than sorry until she gets the "all clear" from the vet.

And I will add for those members who are not aware, letting cats out to roam is the norm in other countries. So please no inside/outside debates or judgments.

·
Registered
Franny -- best cat ever! purring in my heart Porch cat THE DIVIT aka Divey seriously traumatized
52 Posts
I agree with Marie! Use this time to build your relationship with Kitty. Toys, treats, special anything you can think of. If she is giving you "cat-itude" -- helping her to get over that before expanding her ways to tell you she isn't your BFF is probably a wise move for your relationship.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts