Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm a 42-year-old guy who has some cats. One of them is a long-haired cat who recently had two kittens and I've been wondering if they're long-haired or not. So, I thought I could post a pic of them here so that people can tell me what they think.

It doesn't mean I am to stop participating afterwards.

So, nice to meet you all.

I don't know if I can post the pics of the kittens here or I should open a new thread. Anyway, I will post them. If this isn't the appropriate place, then please let me know and just don't tell me what you think about the kittens' fur length. They are 53 days old, by the way.

Cat Felidae Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats Whiskers
Cat Dog breed Felidae Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats

·
Super Moderator
27,081 Posts
Wow, they're adorable! It's hard to tell fur length when they're kittens, although the black and white kitty is definitely looking likely to have long fur.

Charlee Marie and Cali when I met them.

All grown up:

Charlee with her fluffy tail

Cat Felidae Small to medium-sized cats Carnivore Rectangle

Cali doing her best lion imitation

Cat Felidae Carnivore Iris Whiskers

Reactions: kitty guy

·
Registered
Franny -- best cat ever! purring in my heart Porch cat THE DIVIT aka Divey seriously traumatized
52 Posts
Hi, I'm a 42-year-old guy who has some cats. One of them is a long-haired cat who recently had two kittens and I've been wondering if they're long-haired or not. So, I thought I could post a pic of them here so that people can tell me what they think.

It doesn't mean I am to stop participating afterwards.

So, nice to meet you all.

I don't know if I can post the pics of the kittens here or I should open a new thread. Anyway, I will post them. If this isn't the appropriate place, then please let me know and just don't tell me what you think about the kittens' fur length. They are 53 days old, by the way.

View attachment 133081 View attachment 133082 View attachment 133081 View attachment 133082
what we really need to see is a snap of mum and if possible dad... the long hair gene is strong if mum has long hair even if dad is stubble -- long hair kitten is more probable.

·
Registered
Franny -- best cat ever! purring in my heart Porch cat THE DIVIT aka Divey seriously traumatized
52 Posts
Wow, they're adorable! It's hard to tell fur length when they're kittens, although the black and white kitty is definitely looking likely to have long fur.

Charlee Marie and Cali when I met them.

All grown up:

Charlee with her fluffy tail

Cat Felidae Small to medium-sized cats Carnivore Rectangle

Cali doing her best lion imitation

Cat Felidae Carnivore Iris Whiskers
Marie -- do you have kitten snap of their tails? When did you notice serious long hair on their tails?

·
Super Moderator
27,081 Posts
This is the twins at about 9-1/ 2 weeks old, their first weekend with me. Side note: Never say "Bite me!" to your sister.

I don't know how much later this was taken:

Felidae Mammal Dog breed Carnivore Fawn

·
Super Moderator
27,081 Posts
Even though Charlee is a girl, I actually nicknamed her Spike for a while because of her fur. :)

Mum is stunning! Those colors are amazing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
This is the twins at about 9-1/ 2 weeks old, their first weekend with me. Side note: Never say "Bite me!" to your sister.

View attachment 133090

I don't know how much later this was taken:

View attachment 133091
Mum
View attachment 133093

Dad is short-haired for sure. There are no long-haired toms around.
Some things about her make me think she has some European wildcat ancestry.
Well if it is true that long hair more often followed Mum's gene pool then long hair is in the gene pool for your two. Mum's a real beauty -- such amazing colors, and dappled too. WOW.

The twins look like they are giving their agitated fluffed up tail thing -- Well done Marie on capturing the moment when their hunter kicked in -- Oh and the cat caption of "Never say bite me to your sister" is absolutely perfect!!! They were charmers from their first weekend on. How wonderful that they found you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts