Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
You would be amazed at how self sufficient cats are. If you have a litter box, food and water, and plenty of affection they will get along well. Obviously find a good vet who can guide you and check out your babies.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Personally my only advise - and this is my opinion only - is to make them indoor cats. My indoor cats were cleaner and less likely to come home injured from a fight with another cat or animal or mean person if they had been left outdoors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
we have 3 cats. 2 are indoors, one is indoor/outdoor. I find the indoor/outdoor cat to be the best behaved and most social.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My advice is if you have a kitten to read up on socialization. There is a small window of time when kittens need to be socialized properly so that they are comfortable and affectionate with humans. Be sure and make sure your kitten has plenty of exposure to people during this time.

From ASPCA: "A kitten is most receptive to socialization between two and seven weeks of age. If he’s handled by people, enjoys lots of pleasant interaction with other pets and has many new experiences during this period, he’s more likely to remain friendly toward humans and other animals as he matures—and he’ll be less stressed by new experiences as well."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts