Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello!
:kittyturn
I:m an american ex-pat living in Japan! I adopted a kitten i found abandond on the street and he has been living as an indoor only baby for the last year.

I joined this forum because of questions i have about my baby's health. He has already been to the vet and will go back tomorrow (vet is only open in the morning today and i have to work all day) if the problems persist.

He puked once in the morning two days ago. then went to the vet got a couple of injections. I was unable to understand all of my doctors japanese but he said something about Angel (babys name) being cold because of the recent drop in temperature (in japan there is no insulation in the houses so if its cold outside its about the same temp inside) but was most likely ok. since he got the injections he has only eaten a little and hasnt done a number 2 in the litter box (about two days for the number 2 and a littler over a day for the eating) other than that though he seems fine. same energy though he does seem to spend a lot of time under the blankets with me when i:m relaxing which i think might be because its cold. he also hasnt puked again since two days ago.

anyways i know that this post should go to the health section but i can only post here at the moment as i am new and it is the reason i signed up.

i wonder if anyone else has expirence similar symptoms in their cats and if it led to anything serious?? i:m wondering if i should ask the vet to do any specific tests.

in japan vets tend to be kind of *******. care alot more about money than the animals themselves so i usually try to stay on top of things.

anyways its nice to meet all of you and look forward to discussing on here!! :smiles

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hello and welcome. I’ve not had an experience like this, myself – but you’ve come to the right place. I’m sure there are lots of people here that can offer some good advice.

I hope that everything turns out okay for your kitten.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts