Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm from Pennsylvania and am the proud cat mom of two black (with white tuxedo & mittens) kitties (sisters) named Missy and Minnie. They are about a year and a half old but certainly have a lot of kitty energy still around.

My lovely ladies were originally to be shared by a few of us all living in a house, and kept by someone other than myself, but just this year they have become my own. I recently downsized to a studio apartment, and found out I am rather allergic to my kitties, so we're amidst quite a few adventures!

I am still a pretty new cat mom, so I joined to have somewhere to seek advice and opinions on things, as well as having a place to share fun stories and interesting things about our animals.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi Linz and welcome. Looking forward to pictures! Sorry to hear about your allergies though. My two kitties were dumped at a shelter by their previous people due to allergies (or thats what they said)...

Maybe you could try an air filter?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I can't quite figure out how to get an avatar up yet but I'll be playing around with it a but today!

I volunteer at one of our local shelters here and constantly see awesome animals that are brought in because of allergies. I can't understand how people can do that, because I'm super allergic (like a 280 out of 300 on some allergy scale) and I couldn't imagine ever being able to give up my cats. But I suppose if its children or people who can't take certain medications that'd be different.

I'm looking into getting an air filter...I'm finishing up school this semester so money's tight but that and a nice heavy duty vacuum are my next two "splurge" purchases...first on the list was an autofeeder so I won't get woken up by kitty alarm early every morning!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts