Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we got out first ever cat today from the local animal shelter :D , he's a black, short haired, 9 year old called Sooty (he already had this name), and he's very inquisitive. (I would post some pictures, but i don't have a digital camera, i'll be getting one soon though!)

Just a quick question, is it normal for a new cat not to eat much when it first moves in? because Sooty has only had a couple of bites...he sniffs at it, then walks away (the food is the same stuff as he was being fed at the shelter)

·
Registered
6,799 Posts
Hey, and welcome!
Its great to hear you rescued and saved the life of a kitty!
In the first few days, up to pushing a week it is normal for her/him not to have much of an appetite- its pretty scarey in this new house ya know! It is also not unusual for them to have an accident, just make sure you clean it up well!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Welcome to the forum, sooty sound like a lovely cat, it does take a cat a few days to settle in I have 4 cats 3 of them I only got 2 weeks ago and Radar is still settling in yet he still hides under the bed alot, it will take time but they will get there soon

·
Registered
214 Posts
Welcome InsaneLampshade. (I'd like to hear the story behind your nic :D )

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the story behind my nic isn't that exciting...i was signing up for something about 2 years ago and the username i wanted wasn't available, so it came up with a list of suggested usernames and this was one of them, the nic's kinda stuck after 2 years :)

also, i couldn't wait till next month to get a digital camera, so i bought it early :D , hopefully i can get some photos of Sooty soon (that's if he doesn't stop moving when i try and take his picture :wink: )

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.