Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm your newest member. Kind of a small forum, but I bet it will grow. Wanted to say hello to everyone.

My kitty (pictured in my avatar!) keeps barfing up hairballs even though I have been giving him the medicine. He usually chooses my shoe or bed as his favorite location... grrr. I brush him daily to remove excess hair but he keeps getting them. Any ideas as to what else I could do?

Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
how long has this been going on? How frequently are you giving him the medicine? Maybe you could try gradually switching his food. The reason I say this is because maybe he has a food allergy. maybe the food is causing him to throwup. Also if it is going on for a long time, I would call the vet. He may have a blockage of hair??? Keep grooming him daily and contact your vet. It's really not good for cats to be constantly throwing up. Please let me know what happens.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I will give that a try :) He has been on the medicine for about a week, but has been coughing hairballs for a couple of weeks. It's not everyday, but about 3 times a week. I got him some Eukanuba (sp?) hairball control food yesterday as well, so I'll see if that helps.

·
Registered
216 Posts
my cats like the petromalt. they hate the hartz brand. I switched to the purina hair ball treatment, it comes in semimoist kibble form. My cats love them. no more goop for me,yea!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts