Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 1/2 years ago my girlfriend and i adopted 2 cats from the local shelter. Both had been surrendered by their previous owners and they were between 2-3 years old. The one cat, Chandra, is A long hair domestic and is a bit on the chubby side. She had spent the last year in the shelter being passed over each time. I asked the director if someone would eventually adopt her and she said probably not. You see , Chandra had a bad reputation. Not the most lovable cat and a nasty demeanor at times. I guess that doesn't surprise me after being in a shelter for a year. Apparently people didn't find her to be a pretty cat...but she was gorgeous to me.

Slowly but surely she became more affectionate with us eventually sleeping between us or next to us and sometimes on our chests. This cat, which others didn't find attractive or lovable made quite an impact on our lives and our home. She was our little miracle cat...

This week we found out she has kidney problems. She was admitted to the vet and they are going to feed her fluids meds and monitor her for the next few days. I certainly hope she gets better because she is too young for this and I was looking forward to many more years with my little girl.

We are devastated by the news but hope for a positive outcome. I nearly collapsed when they told me how much it would cost but I made a commitment to this cat and I love her dearly.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Very sorry to hear about the Kidney problem and I hope everything turns out well. When my wife brought home our cat from the shelter I thought he was rather "gross" looking......turns out some TLC and a bath was all he needed....greatest cat I have ever had.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts