Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice to be on the forums. I have just started an introduction process with my indoor female cat (7 yo -- I've had her for just about 2 years) and my father's two outdoor/indoor female cats (both about 5 yo, sisters). This is taking place at my father's house, so the turf belongs to the sissies. I'm so scared that this will go badly! For now, I've been taking it very slow (we're only on day TWO!). I'll need lots of advice and support! :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Also a new member

I just found Cat Forum as I was looking for help with my two cats. Ruby Tuesday (after the song, not the restaurant) is 14 yrs old and Captain Jacki (better known as Pippy) is just one year. Pippy was injured and needed much care at first so Ruby got pretty jealous. Because of Pippy's injury, I couldn't keep them separated long enough to do the careful introductions. Thus, Ruby barely tolerates Pippy. Any advice? :catmilk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I recently joined and this really does look like a great place. The best way to introduce new cats is slowly, letting the other cats smell things she's slept on, etc, so it's not a shocker when she suddenly shows up. Cats can be pretty defensive about their territory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts