Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI..I have a 4 month old russian blue (mix) female kitty. Few weeks ago I noticed something strange on her belly (closer to her tail) like a little bag of skin hanging ..when you touch it..it feels that nothing is inside of this bag...and it doesnt hurt the kitty. Does anybody know what it is?

Thank you!

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
It sounds like what Dr.Jean mentioned, I call it kitty pooch. Sugar has one and it's funny watching it swish along with her running! :wink:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yeah, a friend of ours calls it the Puddin' Pouch, as I mentioned before. Has she been spayed? My two girls have it, too, & they have both been spayed.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I know willow has one cos I can see it very clearly as she is quite bald towards her back end however Becky is quite plump and fluffy so I don't know if she has one, again both have been spayed

·
Banned
60 Posts
Our ten-month olds Tux and Buffy had their pouches since they were 2.5 months! I was quite worried (as I'd read somewhere it might be an indicator of some disease) but the vet checked it on two occasions and reassured me it was just fatty deposits. :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah
Patched (1 year old male - is his birthday today so have to buy treats on the way home) has a saggy tummy
although Sonic (2 year old female adopted stray so we are assuming she is spayed as she hasn't yet come into heat) hasn't got one at all, though she is fatter than Patched

so nothing to worry about, lots of cats have obvious swinging bellies, I think it is sweet, Patched has reall long hair on his which makes it look even bigger

·
Registered
202 Posts
Catlover 1989,
That looks like our Holly. We call her pouch her wibbie. Don't ask me why or where it came from. It's so soft and fuzzie you can't help but touch it. I think I'll stop now starting to sound pretty creepy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts