Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My kitten Snickers and I are new to this site, but I do have a question. For the past week she has been meowing and crying randomly, for about 5-10 mintes without stopping; she also rolls around on her back a lot. She is about 4 months old so I don’t think it’s her first heat, I was thinking maybe she has separation anxiety (she lives with me and my dad who went on a work trip about a week and half ago)? Can anyone help me figure out what it is so I know how to react?

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Most female cats start coming into heat from 6-9 mos., but yes, some do come in as early as 4 mos. (Siamese tend to come early). Does your cat have Siamese genes?----a pointed color pattern? Some vets recommend inserting the end of a Q-tip into the vagina as that will take her out of heat. Under no circumstances allow her to go outside. Keep her confined in the house, and when she comes out of heat, make an appointment with your vet to have her spayed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello. From my experience, that really sounds like separation anxiety. Well, I never had any issues like that with any of my cats, but my dog had. In this case, getting a crate as mentioned here and some proper training helped my pup, I think this should help your kitten as well. But first of all, ask your vet about that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts