Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from Brooklyn Ny! We adopted our little Indy right before Christmas this past year and it's already been a journey!
We love our little man and as of now he is just 7 months old!
A little black kitty with a white spot on his chest! He is also just 5.8 pounds!!!!

We joined this forum so I could seek guidance on how to raise this little guy properly and hopeful of some knowledgeable cat parents for advice!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
7 Month Old kitten not himself

Hey all!
I came home from work Last thursday (1 week ago) and found my 7 month old male kitten acting strange and limping a bit on his back left leg.
He wasn't able to jump on the couch like usual and stopped being playful.

I think he may have fallen off the window sill. He likes to jump up and sunbathe on the sill and I have a feeling he started playing with the curtains.

Anyway, I took him to the vet Friday morning right away, they took xrays and blood work and everything was fine!! He was given pain medication and extra for me to give at home and he is supposed to rest and not jump.

Now almost one week later...he seems to be walking a bit better, but he cries when I tried to pick him up and he lays in his bed all day only to get up to use the litter box, or eat and drink....(at least he is doing that!)

He is still very loving and snuggles up close when I sit on the floor near him, but he yelps when I touch his chest area.
The vet doesnt seem to know what was aching him and said to just give it some time.
I am giving it time, but I worry for my little boy and am wondering if anyone has dealt with the same thing???
I would really appreciate advice! I am so worried!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts