Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined the forum as we have decided to add a pedigree cat to our family & I wanted some opinions & advise on suitable breeds etc.

I have had cats & animals all my life, been involved with dogs heavily.

We have Tibetan Mastiffs & Poodles mainly & all are used to cats as we have 3 pet cats atm 1 desexed SH tabby & white tom & 2 desexed females a mother & daughter combo. The mum is Fluffy a very fluffy LH tabby & daughter is a plush coated SH.

I am told my Fluffy has a temperament closest to a Main Coon she is very confident assertive cat wants you when she wants you but look out when she dose not, lol...
We love her she keeps us well entertained so I have been researching Main Coons & the Forrest breeds mainly.

But I do admit I love the look of the pointed coloured cats especially some Birmans I have seen.

So any advice is most appreciated

·
Premium Member
7,857 Posts
I can't help with the breeds but I can welcome you to the forum. I just adopt old cats and don't worry about what breed they are. I have found that a cat's personality has little to do with actual breed.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
This isn't foolproof, but will give you a fairly good idea of what breeds to consider. A lot depends on activity level, grooming, friendliness, etc. Let us know what you come up with.

Animal Planet :: Guides :: Cat Breed Selector

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.
We are farm people & always had cats but just your garden variety moggy & I am sure I still have a few those in the future but atm I really keen on a pure breed cat.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts