Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my cat wont stop hiding under the bed. weve recently moved, and she was also sort of shy to begin with, but im getting worried. sometimes she wont come out to eat, she'll eat some of her food if i put it under there but she wont finish wet food (shes never eaten it before, i wonder if she just feels more full with less food) she comes out for most meals but not all, sometimes i have to follow her around with the food. she will come out at night and sleep with me, and even with my bf around(who is relatively new to her, she has "met" him a few other times but no real relationship) but not just come out and sit on my bed and be herself.
she spends so much time under the bed she smells like mildew.

:? im gtting concerned. any tricks for helping her adjust?

also, im thinking my roommates very energetic kitten isn't helping much.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
How long ago did you move? When we moved, our cat hid under the bed for 3 days without coming out once. She also hissed at anything that walked by.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
coming up on three weeks ago. part of me thinks it is just her shyness and being unused to the people here as well as the new enviro, but a part of my brain is worried. however, since it would seem my cats may both be at risk for worms :x i'll be taking her to the vet tommorow anyway.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Oh, were you the one who posted about the roommates kitten with worms? Yeah, I guess you will be at the vet anyway! Atleast you'll kill two birds with one stone!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts