Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
11,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
> FINALLY!!!! A reason for my high blood pressure!!!!!
>
>
> Subject: High Blood Pressure???
>
>
>> > A woman goes to the doctor for her yearly physical.
>> > The nurse starts with certain basics.
>> >
>> > "How much do you weigh?" she asks.
>> >
>> > "115," she says.
>> >
>> > The nurse puts her on the scale. It turns out her
>> > weight is 140.
>> >
>> > The nurse asks, "Your height?"
>> >
>> > "5 foot 8," she says.
>> >
>> > The nurse checks and sees that she only measures 5 foot 5.
>> >
>> > She then takes her blood pressure and tells the
>> > woman it is very high.
>> >
>> > "OF COURSE IT'S HIGH !" she screams, "When I came in here I was tall and
> slender! Now I'm short and fat!"

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
It contains omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids -- which are essential fats that help keep your blood pressure and cholesterol in check. It has no saturated fat or trans fat -- which are the unhealthy fats. Soy milk contains soy protein, which is good for your heart, and it is cholesterol free. I am a soy milk nut -- I drink the chocolate stuff a lot. I put the vanilla soy milk in my cereal -- it tastes great with vanilla frosted mini wheats. I also love the soy chai. Yum!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Soy boy here too, vanilla. try different brands too, some are awful, one in particular, but I don't recall the name.

I like the Great Value brand at Walmart, though only vanilla, never tried chocholate, but did mix it in with this evening's scrabbled eggs,

made for a nice fluffy consistency but I really couldn't tell much on the flavor, and the tabasco on the hash browns probally over-rode the taste buds anyhow.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Oh no, now that you've mentioned that name, I think that was the one I didn't like, but I'll remember tomorrow when I shop and post if it is a different one.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Is soy milk expensive? And what size are the containers? Until I find a brand that I like, I don't want to buy a large size container, not like it and then end up wasting the rest.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
my3kitties said:
Is soy milk expensive? And what size are the containers? Until I find a brand that I like, I don't want to buy a large size container, not like it and then end up wasting the rest.
In my experience it is more expensive than regular milk, yes. It comes in smaller containers, though. I would try the chocolate first -- it's the least "weird."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts