Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put Robin's treats in the one place he couldn't get to them, on top of the fridge! THAT should prevent any further raids on the treat bag. ^_^

I was reading when I heard this crunching sound. I looked up from my book. It stopped. I started reading again. crunchcrunch. I looked up,and there was the outlaw, on the fridge, lightening the bag. He must have gotten onto the little table in the kitchen and launched himself across the room!

I rescued him (there was no way for him to get back down).

But where do I hide the treats!

·
Super Moderator
26,523 Posts
I keep my girls' treats in a drawer. They can't open those.

Yet.

Before I went on vacation, I took pictures of my girls on top of the fridge and IN THE CUPBOARD over the fridge and printed them out with the instructions so the people taking care of them wouldn't freak out when they saw them up there.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I was away at my daughter's and the person who came in to feed cats told me they got in the cabinet and opened bag of treats and are most of them.

·
Super Moderator
26,523 Posts
My girls can definitely open my cabinets.

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
My cat sitter left out a bag of greenies and, surprisingly, they didn't get the ziplock style seal open. But... the whole bag is covered in little teeth puncture marks.

My cats get in the cabinets. If I want to keep something from the girls, I put it in a drawer, the higher the better.

Nala loves the top of the fridge and will just hang out there. She gets down the same way she got up.

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
Book knows that if he goes into the cabinet BELOW the drawer he can push the drawer open. That's how always gets the bathroom drawer open to look for my stash of Q Tips.

MowMow is the fridge climber. He used the microwave as a springboard. I leave the one cabinet door up there open and he likes hanging out in there.

·
Super Moderator
26,523 Posts
I leave those cabinets open, too.

·
Super Moderator
26,523 Posts
My kupboard kitties (on top of refrigerator)

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
I bet you were surprised to see Robin up there Kurt!

Marie-your girls look so cute :)

Shadow is a counter surfer and she is starting to get into cabinets too. The refrigerator and the pantry are the only places I can put things now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Book knows that if he goes into the cabinet BELOW the drawer he can push the drawer open. That's how always gets the bathroom drawer open to look for my stash of Q Tips.

MowMow is the fridge climber. He used the microwave as a springboard. I leave the one cabinet door up there open and he likes hanging out in there.
Wow....Kash is obsessed with Q-tips as well! Too funny that your cat tries to find them! Kash just dumps over the bathroom trash can and grabs the ones that have been used. Watching him play with a Q-tip is hilarious because he is really serious while he flings it around!

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Just be very careful mixing Q-tips and cats! They can get stuck in the mouth, or throat...

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Ever since I found the Greenies Pill Pockets in the closet all punctured, the bag torn and some pockets gone, I've kept their open treats on the kitchen counter - in a lock-lock box. The treats last fresh longer that way too. And the closed bags (I have tons because I have to import them in bulk from the US) in a cupboard that they can't open.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts