Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my ex kept the kitties when we broke up but is looking for some advice. Blitz will be two next month and has never eaten kibble, canned for the first month or so and then raw. He was on a home made ground mix for about six months and has been on nature's variety instinct for the last year, usually the chicken and beef but has rotated through most of the varieties. Apparently his urine ph is pretty high right now and the vet was trying to say that the raw caused it and was pushing for the royal canin prescription dry food. My ex refused the dry but did take some of the cans for now. She doesn't know what to do and I'm stumped because I thought that feeding a species appropriate diet of raw or grain free wet was usually recommended to lower the ph?
Any ideas? I live halfway across the country from them now but really want what's best for Blitz.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
Had Blitz ever been diagnosed with any FLUTD before? I agree that I don't think a proper raw diet by itself can cause a high urine pH.

The only thing I can think to suggest is making sure he's well hydrated so his urine isn't too concentrated. Probably check the pH of the drinking water where they live, might need to filter it or purchase bottled.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts