Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I being ridiculous? As most of you know Charli had a fever issue a little while back and then had bad reaction to clavamox. Since all of that I have had her on canned grain free. She eats it, but begs for her raw every time I go to fridge or freezer. I wanted to stick with canned until her good bacteria repopulated itself, etc. now I find I'm scared to go back, as I never did know what caused the original fever....could it have been food related? I freeze all her food to -4 for a week before serving. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
I'd try giving Charli a little bit of raw along with some probiotics mixed in the wet food and gradually start up on the raw again if it seems she is doing well (Check the litter box as you scoop, and watch her behaviors during the transition period.) Maybe start off with a teaspoon of raw meat and the rest of it canned (with probiotics and a bit of water mixed in well), and gradually go from there? That's what I'd do, anyway.

Hope others add on to this thread, I know there are other raw feeders here!

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
I'd keep giving her canned but supplement it with raw treats. Maybe an extra meal that's just an ounce of raw. See how she handles it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts