Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Giles is usually very very clean about his litter tray habits.
In the beginning, he liked to pee in his water, but he hasn't done that in months, not since we got him an enclosed tray, which he loves. And very fine good quality litter. (At 18quid a bag, it would want to be!! :-?)

He has a little mat outside the littertray, so any litter that comes out, goes on the mat, and he doesn't track it around the carpet in the house.

Last week, I washed the mat ... and since then, he has defecated on it twice :?

Luckily good solid poo, that was easy to get rid of. Sprayed the mat with lemon disinfectant then for good measure.

Why???!!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Could it be that he's just not getting all the way in the box before he stops to defecate? Is he young and has he perhaps grown larger and now finds the box too small? I have found my cats like large boxes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could it be that he's just not getting all the way in the box before he stops to defecate? Is he young and has he perhaps grown larger and now finds the box too small? I have found my cats like large boxes.
Well, he's quite small, he's as big as he is going to get and the box is quite large, I've put a different mat down now and he hasn't since ... must have been the detergent or something he liked :?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts