Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Leelu has always been a diva, only cuddles when she wants to, and demands attention on her own time. She's now 15mths and she has never headbutted or rubbed her face/cheeks on me is that more common than I thought? Every cat I've had before have been head rubber/butters she's the first. Also she doesn't really do the body rub, she'll pretend but won't get right up in there, and of course it only happens when she's being fed.
So anyone else have a similar kitty?

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Muffs started off as not very affectionate. She's slowly getting better (very slowly!). When she was younger, she didn't like being held or cuddled, she refused to sit on my lap, and she never did head butts or body rubs. She started to let me pet her when she was around 18 mths. She's now almost 3 and, a few months ago, she started jumping up on the arm of my favorite chair, giving me head butts and wanting to be petted. She also now sleeps at the foot of my bed (never would before). She still refuses to sit on my lap...but I keep hoping!

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Unlike Muffs, Abby is a cuddle-bug. She loves to sit on my lap, she loves cuddles, and she loves to be carried around like a baby...but Abby never gives head rubs or body rubs either.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Jack would come in for pets, but little else. Then all of a sudden at the age of 4 it seemed to dawn through that thick skull of his, that rubs and lap sitting are a good thing. After he decided that part, he took the plunge and started sleeping on the bed with us. Sometimes it takes them a few years... lol

And yes we had him from birth.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Also she doesn't really do the body rub, she'll pretend but won't get right up in there, and of course it only happens when she's being fed. So anyone else have a similar kitty?
Toby is very receptive to affection, loves when I pet him, lays next to me or in my lap, pushes against my hand to pet him.

BUT - I can't remember him ever rubbing against me with his head or body, except occasionally a quick cheek rub against my foot, or like you described, when I'm getting his food he'll be between my legs. So maybe our cats are missing the rubbing gene, or just feel at home enough that they don't need to scent us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts