Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a little scared .. I have a doctors appointment again this morning.

I have been feeling very tired for the past few months .. with funny things happening, throat infection ,tooth abcess etc.

Friday morning I woke up with a terrific pain under/in my ribcage in my back ... it graduated to my my front ribcage (does this make sense?) and there it has sat ...im in a lot of pain.

I get the feeling it could be gas ( acid reflux or something ) BUT I have had pleurisy twice in the last 6 months ..and my doctor warned me if I get pleurisy again its time for tests .....

I wont be able to have tests now Im flying to Capetown on Wednesday morning .... so im praying it is a diet/gas issue. :(

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
I hope that they find an easy answer to your pain. Maybe it is just an inflammation in the cartilage between the ribs. That can be pretty painful.

All the paws and fingers are crossed for you.

·
Super Moderator
26,394 Posts
Paws and fingers crossed here for you, too.

·
Banned
11,031 Posts
Good luck Carol! :) I thought I had acid reflux too, but it was my gallbladder, which I had to have surgery for :( . Maybe you should get an ultrasound done? That is what I did.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys .. he seems to think its a gastrointestinal spasm , possibly caused by a trip to the dentist last Monday .. im petrifed of dentists .

I do know when he prodded my abdomen I thought I was going to pass out .... he has given me meds so we shall see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts