Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.M.G. It was horrible! They were little bratz!!!! When I bring them in to the vet's office to see their groomer, they're intimidated and let Linda snip, snip, snip their claws and she's done in less than a minute for each cat.

At home, they know where the hiding places are and where to run to. They were almost uncontrollable.

I'll just haul their furry little buttz in to see Linda next time.

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
Oh well, it was worth a shot. I can see the rationale of it being easier for them in their own house.

Every now and then I see a mobile groomer van in my area, where the van comes to you and, I think, does the snipping inside the van itself. Maybe that's an alternative?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yeah, I can see where they would feel more comfortable on their home turf, and therefore not afraid to be bratz, lol. But like October said, worth a try. If groomer had a van and removed them from the house to groom, I bet it would have been a different story.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
O.M.G. It was horrible! They were little bratz!!!! When I bring them in to the vet's office to see their groomer, they're intimidated and let Linda snip, snip, snip their claws and she's done in less than a minute for each cat.

At home, they know where the hiding places are and where to run to. They were almost uncontrollable.

I'll just haul their furry little buttz in to see Linda next time.
Oh my... maybe you can sequester them in a bathroom next time. Less hiding places in there.

·
Super Moderator
26,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had them all in their carriers when Linda arrived, the problem was they knew where they could run, as opposed to being at the vet's office, where it's all unknown and they're too intimidated.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Our mobile vet won't come visit if Prince isn't secured in the bathroom. When the vet arrived, I had closed Prince in the bathroom with turkey pastrami. I went out to meet the vet and bring her inside the house. When we got in, Prince was happily lounging in the living room, licking the last of the pastrami off his lips. He had broken the window and come out to the pantry, jumping from the bathroom window onto the washing machine. I was so relieved he hadn't hurt himself that I forgot to get angry at him.

·
Super Moderator
26,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, it was. They were so horrible that I paid the full price ($60). She usually only charges me $15, sometimes I pay $30. She didn't look at how much I gave her or she wouldn't have taken it, but she deserved it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts