Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on here build their own stuff for their cats? Such as cat trees, condo's, super highways(shelves along walls in the house), outdoor enclosures/runs, etc?

If you do, would you be willing to share photos with others? :)

I'm building an outdoor enclosure so that my cat can wander from in to out SAFELY without outside dangers, and I'm working on a new cat tree for my main floor(currently only have one large one upstairs) as well as shelves for more vertical space. Would love to see what others have made.

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Well not me - I'm hopeless with tools, and straight lines - but there are several members who've built their own shelters, enclosures, shelves...builder has a spectacular outdoor enclosure, Greenport Ferals and deanna (I can't remember - there's more to her name) have built amazing shelters, to name just the most recent that come to mind. I know several people have done cool shelves on walls as well. If the threads/pics aren't in this forum, then check in Meet My Kitty. deanna's is in the Feral Cats forum.

·
Registered
719 Posts
In the Google custom search bar at the top of the catforum page, do a search for "cat shelves" and "catio" - you'll get a bunch of results of what forum members have done. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would love to do this for Locke and Auri but we're living in a rented flat just now so no-can-do. Once we manage to get our own house, we're planning on building runs from room to room through the walls and basically making our house a "cat house."

·
Registered
420 Posts
Cat Tree Parts

I have this in my bedroom for the kitties. :)

B2501 Parts - Armarkat Online Store

My guys have done a good job on item S The rope is coming off. So I tied a cardboard scratcher post over the pole for the cats to use instead. Even that is falling apart.

The pole itself costs $21.00.

I was wondering if it would be easier to buy the rope and just wrap it around and over the pole. But how would I get it to stay in place? monkey glue? I would think a staple gun wouldn't be to safe. maybe I should just spend the money on the new pole?

what do you guys think I should do.

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
ThreeCatz,
There's a running thread right now about someone who just built their cats a Cat Condo, Cat Castle! Check it out for some information! :D
Sharon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts