Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Homer's Odyssey" ... A Fearless Feline Tale, or How I Learned About Love and Life with a Blind Wonder Cat
by Gwen Cooper

I'll start reading it in about a week...

·
Super Moderator
26,496 Posts
Re: I bought a cat book today...

Sounds like a good book. Are you finishing up another book in the meantime?

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Yes, I started a Young Adult novel a few days ago and just today I picked up parts two and three...so I don't know if I'll get fully sucked into that story and read 1-2-3 or break it up with a book in between the trilogy. I also bought a RitaMae/SneakyPie Brown book and a Kathleen Woodiwiss.
*sigh* I love having new books lined up to read through...

·
Super Moderator
26,496 Posts

I used to be like that. I'd have to have another book ready.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I *am* like that. I will get anxious if I don't have anything to read. I keep all of the books I enjoy and re-read them, though with each reading I need to let more time pass before I read it again because I need more and more time to forget about the book so I can enjoy reading it again. I will inter-mix older books with new books, to prolong the "new" stories. I wish I had a room I could turn into a specific "library" for storing my books and having easy access to them.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts

I also like to have a lineup ready even though I get most of my books from the library. When I am not yet done will all I have borrowed I go back to get more.

The books I enjoy most I usually purchase in hardback so I can enjoy them over and over and they won't get so beat.

"Homer's Odyssey" sounds like it will be pretty good, Heidi. Please let us know. :D

·
Registered
83 Posts

Homer's Odyssey, i have heard good things about this book - and i have read parts of it off the internet, i might have to buy the full book as well seems like a good story =] ,

I use to have a lineup of books also as i loved to read, i hope you enjoy the book :D

·
Registered
22 Posts

That's nice. This is like a twitter thread.

I'm reading "It Doesn't Take a Hero" the autobiography of H. Norman S.

·
Super Moderator
26,496 Posts

I'm reading, "The Dateless Wonder."

Oh.

Crap.

Nevermind. It's my diary.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I am LOVING this book! I'm only on page 65/283 and it is wonderful. It is like she is speaking to my soul with how she describes the ways her animals touch her life. I am constantly saying things like: Yes! I recognize that! Oh! You, too? That explains it perfectly! Wow, me, too!
Great book.

·
Registered
44 Posts

Leazie said:
Sigh, the joy of a line-up of unread books.
"Joy"?! :? In my case, it's more like a torment, and a debt, and a "bugger!, I'm late!".

I'm stuck in most every book I have to read/am reading :(

g

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Homer Odyssey is such a wonderful book. It meant a lot to me since Im fostering two blind kitties. My sister called me about it when the author was interviewed on NPR! I immediately went out and bought it.

Im in the process of lending it to everyone here who wants to read it. Goes to my vet tech next! I put it on top of the kennel at our last adoption event for people to see. I want them to read the book and realize blind cats have full and happy lives.

Edited to add Homer has his own facebook page! In case your a fan of his take a look!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Homers-Odyssey-A-Fearless-Feline-Tale/109859678150

1 - 14 of 14 Posts