Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little Horatio has brain damage(his cerebellum isn't fully formed), in general he functions pretty normal. He is wobbly from time to time in his hind quarters, but lately I have noticed that his breath smells like cat litter. Is it possible that he is eating it? Any feedback is appreciated.

Erin and Horatio

· Registered
131 Posts
It is possible. If he is, that CAN BE a sign of anemia. My fiance's cat, TC, started eating litter when she got sick. It was a sign of anemia with her. You should bring him into the vet for a check-up if you can. In the meantime, you should switch to litter made of newspaper or wheat so he doesn't block up his system.

· Super Moderator
27,274 Posts
It could be from grooming himself, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I'd switch litter and call the vet to see if a visit is warranted.

· Registered
17 Posts
My kitten was eating cat litter a few weeks ago. We switched her to exquisicat litter by Petsmart. It's made if paper so it's not toxic to them and it has honestly been working for me better than any litter I've ever used for the past 8 years. Plus it's a lot cheaper and you clean out the box a lot less. It hides the odor perfectly. Please check it out! My cat didn't have a problem with using it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.