Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one else have trouble with their kitties gettting into the window blinds even if there is an opening for them already made.

Help

·
Registered
552 Posts
tigger's mom said:
Does any one else have trouble with their kitties gettting into the window blinds even if there is an opening for them already made.
Heh, around here that only happens on the days that end in "Y". Oh, yes, nights too!

Angel was having a hissy fit this morning, wanting me to open the dining room blinds (as if she hadn't already squeezed behind them). So I opened them and went in to shower and get ready for work. When I shut the shower off, I could hear her complaining. She was now in my bedroom window, squeezed in behind the blinds. The view is IDENTICAL from both windows, but we just had to have those blinds open, too.

Wish I had a solution for you, other than open all the blinds, all the time.

Peace,
Mike

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Sabby used to love to get into horizontal blinds. In my new apartment I installed vertical blinds. Problem solved! Plus there's no cords for kitty to get tangled up in.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I still haven't figured out a way to keep my cats from messing with the blinds. I have even sprayed them with the bitter apple spray, and they still chew.

I've about given up anyway because Renton chewed through the strings at the bottom, so you can't even raise them up anymore. I'm resigned to the fact that I'll have to replace them when I move out of the apartment.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Both my cats never mess with the blinds over here at my parents place maybe b/c its really heavy duty and they're the 2" ones. Plus, they don't really have a view of much besides the back of the bush in my room. In the den after eating Sugar will sit on top of the old tv, waiting for me to open blinds.

At my old apt. we usually left blinds open a little bit so they can sit on the windowsill and look out early in the morning but if we forgot to do that, they will remind us by trying to squeeze in behind it. They never tore up the blinds or anything just tried to go in from behind it. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts