Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
14yr old Paso Fino mare. I call her Tigre.

3yr old Paso Fino mare, Q.

16/17yr old Peruvian Paso mare, Poquita:

My bestest horse, grade Appy, Cochise:

Breyer memorial of Cochise:

My childhood horse (Morgan/QH), Carrot:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts

The mare, who gives truth to the old phrase: Chestnut mare, beware. (She's also a thoroughbred. I'm pretty sure that's a trifecta of evil in some parts of the world.)

Playing lazy between rounds at a show over a year ago. No, I don't know why I was making that face. :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gorgeous horses! Thanks for posting everyone. And that Haflinger is just adorable. Pasos must be a delight to ride. I use to ride and show Tennessee Walkers (and Paints later on) nothing like being on a gaited horse.
Here are my two babies :)
Q: 19 year old QH gelding
Kitt: 5 year old QH/Paint mare

·
Registered
231 Posts
I love Tigre! Pasos are so pretty. And that little leopard is too cute.......

I also love the Haffie, they are my favorties besides Fjords(I learded to ride on one). Love me chunky ponies. THey have a little 13h Haffie where I board Penny, Cricket, she's a typical pony, lol. Little stinker!

I must share her pic.

These are the horses I learned to ride on(still learning of course, but my first three years of riding before I got penny) where these guys:
Preston a 17+ TB who I fell off more than rode, lol, he was spooky to the max, not the best first horse to ride.

And Wolfers, I think was an Oldenberg cross? Only horse I have ever been comfy cantering on.

and Dar, the cutest Fjord pony ever. Rip.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Here are some pictures of my baby boy Nipper. He is a 10 year old Quarter Horse/Paint. The pictures don't do him justice. I am a horrible photographer and I tried to fix the red eyes. :?

I really messed up the eye on this one.... oops.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
EqusArch.......I absolutely LOVE :luv fjords! In reality, had we been able to find a fjord that we could afford (ha! :lol: ), we would have bought one! I think they are magnificent looking animals!

Little Cricket is adorable!

·
Registered
231 Posts
How old is yours?

I've heard Haflingers are absolute terrors, but once they reach the age of 10 they are the bestest pony you could ask for.

Cricket is 5 and she is evil.....but darn cute.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Ours is 11, and a gelding. He is actually our second haflinger, and the reason why he is our second would probably prove the theory right that haflingers under the age of 10 are terrors......though there are the exception to every rule I suppose. The first haflinger we had was really good when we went to look at her, and then when she came home she literally flipped out. She was only 4 though. It was a huge mistake for us to buy one so young, and being such a big animal, she knew she could overpower us very easily. She was extremely spooky here, blew up at everything. The first time we ground drove her, she reared up several times, and kicked out at my husband. I would not lead her, if I did, and she bolted, there is no way I could have held on. My theory to what happened with her was that where she came from, she was with 2 big horses, and was low on the totem pole. When she came here, she didn't recognize our mini as a horse, though most biggies don't, they look at minis like they are the unknown. The sights, sounds, smells, and everything that was familier to her, wasn't there. She just couldn't handle it, and then on top of that, to now be on top of the pecking order, we didn't dare put her with Spot, she was to aggressive. Since she was just to dangerous to be around, she is now with a herd of haflingers, and in the hands of someone who is giving her the training she should have been given from young on.

The gelding we have now, is just a big overgrown teddy bear, and is very respectful of us..........though, he needs reminding of some of his manners at times! I have to say, if there was one thing I'd have to list as a negative about the haffies, is that they are extremely food driven, which I suppose has something to do with the fact that they are very easy keepers, just like the minis. I spread his feedings out as much as possible, and when I feed him, I spread it all over so he has to graze. It takes him alot longer to eat, and he is more satisfied. I could feed him all day long, and he'd still stand at the gate begging for his supper, as if he was starving to death! :lol:

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
I love horses - used to go riding at school but have never owned one.

Lovely pics. And I love that long dress you are wearing in some of your pics Heidi.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you. I seem to have this *thing* for wearing dresses on horseback. I blame the calendars of women in dresses riding horses through fields of wildflower! :lol:
I made the medieval costume. The red gown is a formal gown I wore for a Christmas dinner party and again on a Mexican cruise. The blue dress is just a summer favorite.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts