Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My ragdoll kitty has hotspots on his back. It started about a month ago and we took him to the vet, they tested him for ringworm and other fungal infection and it came back negative, we gave him a bath with a teaspoon of bleach (he did not love that) and washed the wounds well, then gave hydrocortisone cream, antibiotic cream and anti fugal cream and a dose of revolution. When I gave him a dose of revolution I probably missed 1/3 because he jumped away when he felt it. The hot spots scabbed over and appeared on other parts of his neck and back, but soon after they all scabbed over and went away. Unfortubately I woke up to find a big new hot spot this AM and upon looking he has another scabbed over. I have seen him scratching before so I know it’s itchy.
We are taking him back to the vet tomorrow the soonest she can get him in , but hoping for a lead so we know what to test or ask her about. I did another bath tonight and when he forgives me and drys completely I’ll put hydrocortisone and antibiotic cream on the spots. It’s almost time for revolution but I’m unsure if I should give that to him, because if the vet thinks it might be allergy related and he’d need steroids (seems like a lot of meds at once).
He’s an indoor kitty with one bonded “sister” kitty with zero health problems. Sorry for writing a book! Just hoping someone might have insight because he’s my best little animal friend and I’m worried :(

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
If you must give a bath, use a bit of apple cider vinegar in the rinse water, Bleach is highly toxic to cats!
He could absorb some of that bleach through his skin, or when he trys to groom himself!
Apple cider vinegar will help with the 'itchies' as well!
And Yes, stop the revolution!!
Best Wishes!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello,

My ragdoll kitty has hotspots on his back. It started about a month ago and we took him to the vet, they tested him for ringworm and other fungal infection and it came back negative, we gave him a bath with a teaspoon of bleach (he did not love that) and washed the wounds well, then gave hydrocortisone cream, antibiotic cream and anti fugal cream and a dose of revolution. When I gave him a dose of revolution I probably missed 1/3 because he jumped away when he felt it. The hot spots scabbed over and appeared on other parts of his neck and back, but soon after they all scabbed over and went away. Unfortubately I woke up to find a big new hot spot this AM and upon looking he has another scabbed over. I have seen him scratching before so I know it’s itchy.
We are taking him back to the vet tomorrow the soonest she can get him in , but hoping for a lead so we know what to test or ask her about. I did another bath tonight and when he forgives me and drys completely I’ll put hydrocortisone and antibiotic cream on the spots. It’s almost time for revolution but I’m unsure if I should give that to him, because if the vet thinks it might be allergy related and he’d need steroids (seems like a lot of meds at once).
He’s an indoor kitty with one bonded “sister” kitty with zero health problems. Sorry for writing a book! Just hoping someone might have insight because he’s my best little animal friend and I’m worried :(
Can you post a picture of what is going on? Is it any better?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts