Cat Forum banner

Housesitter OR caregiver? When traveling and you can't take your babys.

• I would have someone stay in my house

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would only have someone come by to feed/clean their litter box and then go.

• Board them : (

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need to go away, family illness. Our Special needs kitty will always have to travel with. But now that leaves our other 4 precious munchkins, Do we (a) Have our friends a young couple, she adores cats, and he highly allergic but willing to sacrifice for his sweetie to have a week filled with cats, live in our home and care for them? OR (b) is it less stressful on our baby's if they feed/clean their litter box twice a day and leave. Special note: I edited this special note only for the reason, they(our kittys) are soooooooo use to us around ALL the time,We are blessed to be home, my husband works from home and I am my cats mom! Thanks Dr. Laura for the line!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Luckily my sister is here to take care of the kitties and keep them company when we're travelling, since mine get very perturbed because I'm usually at home. They wouldn't mind strangers in the house, but absolutely NOT in our bedroom, since it's the "sanctuary", and they would be stressed about anyone else going into that room.

Sorry for the reason you have to go, but have a good trip.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is so funny Superkitties that you mention " your bedroom" because our cats all sleep on our bed and my husband and I, not only for our baby's sake, but it actually is "our sanctuary" too, we agreed if someone would stay, our bedroom is out of the question and if we choose our friends they could pick one of the comfie spare bedrooms, that way the "kitties" can still sleep in our bed! How great to hear that I'm not the only one that holds our room as "our sanctuary" except Cats allowed!!! Aren't we funny!!! Thanks for your imput!!! Susie

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Our cats all sleep on the bed too! LOL. Yup! Guests go to the guest rooms over here too.

The only room the cats have never seen anyone else enter has been our bedroom/bathroom, so that is where they run when they are hiding from visitors or are scared. Once we noticed that, we've made sure no one ever enters, even to check on them. To find them, they rattle the food container or the treatie bag, and the kitties have always come downstairs (so far).

·
Registered
821 Posts
When we go on our trip next year we are boarding both our cats at an AMAZING place. This place is unreal. They have their own room, the windows are lined with bird feeders, there is floor to ceiling cat trees, there are gas fireplaces to lie by, they get played with a few times a day and are fed their regular diet. It's a bit expensive, but I have heard nothing but good things about this place from people who board their pets there. We went and checked it out and it's like nothing I have ever seen before! It's incredible!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Superkitties, it sounds like your kitty's are just as spoiled as ours, its so nice of them to let us share the bedroom and bathroom with them. :lol: When we fill the jacuzzi, three of the five just perch themselves right by it and love to watch the waterflow, they think its a swimming pool :) the water does sometimes spring up at them and then thats enough!
Maleke that place sounds absolutely AWESOME! See now if we had a place like that, I would feel great about leaving them there as long as they could all be together! A Kitty Resort! I bet it is expensive but there is no price I wouldn't pay for piece of mind. They'll probably come home with t-shirts from there and send out postcards too!:lol: Does this place have a website I am dying to see it? I bet they are filled up to that you have to make reservations way ahead time, it's amazing what we won't do for our babys! >><< Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Maleke said:
When we go on our trip next year we are boarding both our cats at an AMAZING place. This place is unreal. They have their own room, the windows are lined with bird feeders, there is floor to ceiling cat trees, there are gas fireplaces to lie by, they get played with a few times a day and are fed their regular diet. It's a bit expensive, but I have heard nothing but good things about this place from people who board their pets there. We went and checked it out and it's like nothing I have ever seen before! It's incredible!
Maleke, please let me know where this place is...since we live so close to each other. :)

thanks!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
CatAholic said:
A Kitty Resort! I bet it is expensive but there is no price I wouldn't pay for piece of mind. They'll probably come home with t-shirts from there and send out postcards too!:lol:

Seriously, this sounds like one heck of a place. I'd board mine there in a snap if I needed that service!

I loved reading your description of the jacuzzi entertainment! I could just picture them watching, and getting the occasional splash-up.........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts