Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I've got a question about my Himalayan kitten Jasper. He's almost four months and already over 5 lb! :eek: I'm wondering how big he will be as an adult kitty? I swear, I notice him grow every day! I only wonder, because a good friend of mine also has a Himalayan, and Jasper is already about his size! Has anyone had any experience with a particularly large Persian or Himalayan? I used my friend's Himalayan as a sort of size gauge for the breed so I was pleasantly surprised to see that Jasper is growing up to be quite the big kitty! :kittyball

·
Super Moderator
26,513 Posts
My Himmie was barely 6 lbs. Like Marcia said, no way to know.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Ellie was always a little undersized, she was about 4lbs at 5 months. She is about 7 pounds full grown, just to give you an idea! I'm not sure how big your baby will be, but boys are usually larger than girls.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yes, boys are usually bigger than girls. I've had a few that would take off growing so fast that I kept thinking "At this rate, he's going to be huge." But then they just as suddenly stop growing and en up just normal cat size. You just can't tell.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Did you get a look at his parents when you purchased him? That might give you an idea of his size at maturity.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts