Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I've got a question about my Himalayan kitten Jasper. He's almost four months and already over 5 lb! :eek: I'm wondering how big he will be as an adult kitty? I swear, I notice him grow every day! I only wonder, because a good friend of mine also has a Himalayan, and Jasper is already about his size! Has anyone had any experience with a particularly large Persian or Himalayan? I used my friend's Himalayan as a sort of size gauge for the breed so I was pleasantly surprised to see that Jasper is growing up to be quite the big kitty! :kittyball

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
My Himmie was barely 6 lbs. Like Marcia said, no way to know.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Ellie was always a little undersized, she was about 4lbs at 5 months. She is about 7 pounds full grown, just to give you an idea! I'm not sure how big your baby will be, but boys are usually larger than girls.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yes, boys are usually bigger than girls. I've had a few that would take off growing so fast that I kept thinking "At this rate, he's going to be huge." But then they just as suddenly stop growing and en up just normal cat size. You just can't tell.

·
Registered
8,971 Posts
Did you get a look at his parents when you purchased him? That might give you an idea of his size at maturity.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you get a look at his parents when you purchased him? That might give you an idea of his size at maturity.
Of course! They were BIG kitties. Hard to say exactly how big because of their gorgeous fluffy coats though. Definitely 12~13 lb at least.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts