Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know it's a really general question, but my 6-month old kitten tyson hasn't been eating as regularly as usual... and seems just rather out of it lately... he doesn't play as much, isn't as jolly... looks kinda sad. he doesn't want his toys or treats either. what can i do to try to cheer him up? seems like this all started when we started 'punishing' him when he bites our ears to wake us up in the morning... nothing serious, but we would put him on the floor when he does it, or gently nibble his ear back... and when we'd do that he'd look so sad :cry:

any suggestions would be helpful... i want him to be my jolly polydactyl kitty again!

-- brite

·
Registered
46 Posts
My first idea was you should adopt another cat for him.
I think he's boring and lonesome.
A human being is never able to sustitude an other cat, especially in playing with the cat. And biting is his way to play. When I see my two catrs playing they do nothing but biting. They do not pain each other but love to play together that way. I think this would be the best for your cat.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sometimes when we feel our cat is being not so good, and then we refuse to play with them, I have seen times when they can become a little depressed. Learning how to discern when to apply the "law", and not applying the law, can be a life long situation, especially with a new cat. Recently, I have been refusing to accommodate Solstice's nose kisses early in the morning while I am still in bed. I found out that she wants to be under the covers with me. So I will let her in and then she will turn around and lay down next to me and go back to sleep, with her little head sticking out of the covers. I had Foxy neutered yesterday and he did the same thing last night. :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
teffito, i have two of them already... tyra & tyson, they're best of friends... but he's the only one that has been acting kinda depressed. she's still cheery as usual. they're the same age, he still plays with her, but not as often... he just kinda lays there and spaces off into space. hope he'll cheer up a bit, maybe i just have to find different ways of giving him treats since he's probably being extra picky.

thanks for the help so far guys, keep em coming! :D

-- brite

·
Registered
865 Posts
The tail is one of the better mood indicators. Does it stand up straight most of the time when walking? Or straight and then kinda falls at the top?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
will definitely have to check that out when i get home, as i don't usually notice his tail when he's walking. when he's lying down though, his tail always seems to "wag" back and forth (it's pretty **** cute). will check on it while he's walking though. thank you!

he seems to be sleeping a lot more lately too -- do you think it's b/c it's gotten warmer here?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts