Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ruby is a cat I got from an animal sanctuary about 6 months ago. They told me she was 12-18 months old then. She was spayed just the week before I picked her up.

Trouble is, in the past I have always had my cats spayed at about 6 months - or asap anyway.

With Roobs I notice that all her nipples are noticeably bigger than with any of my other cats. My SIL told me that this means she has been pregnant/had a litter - is this true? I suppose she would have been old enough.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I think your cat just happens to have big nipples...likes us humans; some have big watermelon boobs, some of us have honey dews, some have oranges, kiwis, and so on. I don't think there is an external way to accurately tell if she's had a litter or not.

·
Super Moderator
27,274 Posts
You can tell around Mother's Day. She'll get cranky, constantly checking her email account, complaining that they don't write, they don't call.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for your replies - I was just very curious because of a passing comment made by the lady in charge of cat adoptions which didn't strike me until later.

Marie - I will be sure to check on Mother's Day (or Mothering Sunday as it is here) :lol:

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Cats that have kittened or been pregnant have larger nipples than cats who haven't.

·
Registered
110 Posts
You know, I'd like to know this too. Tutu wasn't spayed until I adopted her at age 8, so I'm sure she's had at least one. She also had pyometra, so we know she did the nasty with someone....

A friend of mine just adopted a young cat, and the vet said that she's had a litter already (which was surprising because she was barely "of age"). I'll have to ask her how her vet knew that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.