Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so proud of Zander.

In an even six days he's gone from alley cat to lap-kitty. He responds to his name, is religious about his litterbox, no longer scratches on furniture, and no longer scratches or bites in play. He'll grab and lip at my hand instead, and then lick it! :)

He also regularly flops over for tummy rubs, no strings attatched.

.. in short, he's rather strange. :lol: We get along great.
Anthony is with him all the time, not me, soo.. I don't know what he's doing, but it certainly has worked. Now if we could just get begging out of him, we'd be set. He's not picky at all - he'll eat anything from meat to fruits and veggies. I've never seen the likes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah.

If he's 'lost' then I kind of feel bad for taking him from his family.
But if he's abandoned then good riddance to anybody who would give up such a sweet baby. :evil:

I want to get his brother/sister from wherever s/he's lurking and get him/her to the humane society. We can't afford two right now..

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Littermates will often tend to stick together. If Zander does have a brother/sister out there s/he would likely be in the same area.
Local Spca might loan you a Havahart trap, or there might be a TNR organization in your area. Alley Cat Allies may have an active branch near you.
:kittyball

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
.. oh, we don't need a trap. :lol:

The cat is very friendly - the first time they met Anthony, he was sitting on the steps of the church next door and they ran over and sat themselves down on his shoulders. They're not feral; they're absolutely babies, which is why I feel guilty about not being able to keep the other.

Let's call her a she.
And she's too nice a girl to live outside with nobody to take care of her.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Can you foster her for a while during the cold weather? She needs a home, and i bet she misses her brother.
Contact Alley Cat Allies, they may be able to sponsor some food if you can't afford it.
What a sweet Christmas present a warm, loving home would be to a little homeless kitten. Even if it's only for a few weeks. :angel
:kittyball

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just wanted to update everyone on this.

Sissy has a new home! :3 She's taken to a house up the road and they've got all kinds of fun stuff for her out on the porch, along with food and usually a couple of kids to keep her company (even in the cold). I'm not one to tread up on people's property to find out, but I think I saw a collar on her, too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts