Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well Scully has managed to lose her collar. As in completely, utterly lost. She's been in my room all morning, so there are only so many places she could have hid it in, but it is definately hidden, and hidden well. Freakish cat... :roll:

·
Registered
697 Posts
Isn't it amazing what cats do. I live in a one bedrrom apartment, Cleveland never gets out yet there are toys we can't find. We have searched all over but no luck. I reckon they are all secret e-bay fanatics. When we sleep at night, theri little paws are going clickity, click click on the keys selling their stuff. Take catnip payments through Paypaw!!!
Maybe that's why Cleveland will lie on my laptop when I use it, he's worried I bust him

·
Registered
368 Posts
You should see the stuff I found when I moved - toys and kitty things seem to fit in the smallest of places. General rule of thumb - look at the crack and if you say "there's no way it could have got in there", that's more than likely where it is :D

·
Registered
821 Posts
Magic has also lost his collar. I have looked high and low for it.....no luck. It even had his nametag on it so now I have to get another one made. I put another collar on him that we had lying around so at least if he gets out I can tell it's him....there are SO many black cats in our neighbourhood!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Misty said:
Isn't it amazing what cats do. I live in a one bedrrom apartment, Cleveland never gets out yet there are toys we can't find. We have searched all over but no luck. I reckon they are all secret e-bay fanatics. When we sleep at night, theri little paws are going clickity, click click on the keys selling their stuff. Take catnip payments through Paypaw!!!
Maybe that's why Cleveland will lie on my laptop when I use it, he's worried I bust him
funny post, made me laugh!! :lol: :lol:

On a serious note, try to search high as well, and it may be that they lost it for a reason, like getting entangled on something, so the leash breaking off is a good thing :D

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I'll have to look in tight little spaces, as it was a safety collar and could have unlatched somewhere. Meanwhile, she's acting rather smug (she never did like that collar).

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I've upended my room and done a thorough search. I have a sort of minimalist design going in my bedroom (it's called being in college and poor), so there really are a limited number of spaces a collar could be hiding in. This leaves me with two possiblities. a) the collar vanished into thin air, b) she slipped it off last evening, and somehow I did not notice till this morning. I could have sworn I saw it on her, but maybe I was wrong.

For now, we have a housewide search going, and if it doesn't turn up, then we'll have to scoot down to the store and get her another one. Little bugger :wink:

·
Registered
166 Posts
kitty_kisses said:
General rule of thumb - look at the crack and if you say "there's no way it could have got in there", that's more than likely where it is :D
Oh yeah! Also, if you think, "There's no way THEY can fit in there!" they can! We just had an "incident" with the dog getting his head STUCK in between the shelves of the nighstand in the bedroom. I never thought his head would fit. Well, it did. :roll: He completely trashed the bedroom in the 3 seconds it took to get it off, broke the lamp, freaked out, dumped papers all over... oy!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts