Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a LeBistro cat feeder that I use for my three cats. I refill the bistro with a three pound bag of cat food. Is there anyway to keep the food fresh for a longer period of time? The cats gobble up the food the first few days after the cat feeder is refilled and can't wait for the next feeding. After 5 days or so there is usually food still in the bowl when the next scheduled feeding happens. I'm assuming that the food is not as fresh at this point and the cats are not thrilled to be eating it. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Premium Member
18,372 Posts
Don't put the whole bag in at once. Keep it sealed and refill every day or two. Better yet...get them on wet food because it's so much better for them (I know you didn't ask for advice about that...but the kibble buffet will likely cause health issues down the road)

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
I give Chiquita a small amount of dry per day (2 table spoons) along with her canned food and I find that even though I squeeze all the air out of the bag and keep it seal after several weeks it get's stale anyway and she snubs it.
So I've take to buying the small 1 lb packages of Merrick BG dry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.