Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an indoor cat that just likes to look out our sliding glass windows. She goes out on occasion but comes right back the moment she hears a noise ( Scardy Cat I quess). The problem is my next door neighbor and good friends of ours has 4 cats. One of them, a male, likes to come to our sliding glass door and screen and taunt my cat. He shreads up our screen door. He has destroyed 2 screen doors now. I mentioned it to our neighbors but she just thinks her cat loves us and wants to come in and visit. I say thats Bull Crap! How can I keep this cat out of my yard?

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
I don't think that is very possible. Cats are good jumpers and especially if your neighbor just lets her cats go outside, they will go as they please. Maybe you can try spraying some citrus deterrant outside of your house area since cats don't like citrusy smells :?:

·
Registered
672 Posts
Do you ever catch him in the act??? Try spraying him with water through the screen if you do.

As for deterrents I have used bitter apple before to get my cats to quit biting and scratching one of my doors and it worked. I hear vinegar works well also but havent tried it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts