Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an effort to keep my place cleaner I decided to try and switch from Tidy Cats (which is anything but tidy...) to the pine pellets. I bought the horse bedding type that many people use, and a sifting litter pan. I was using an extra large pan with a clear hood. So I had both set up. The cats sniffed around the pine and went for the clay. So then I decided to mix it in the sifting pan. I watched my Flame Point try to get in it and try to make himself comfortable but he just couldn't. It might be too small (although he's not a huge cat & less than a year old). So I'm mixing it in the big pan.

Question is, what is the best way to make the transition? Am I doing it right? I put mostly pine with a layer of litter on top. Of course, as they dig in it they're mixing it up so now I've got some clumped waste and some sawdust. Its like a mess in there.

·
Registered
51 Posts
That's what I did. Give them a few days to get used to the texture and the smell. Some cats take longer to switch. My siamese refused the pellet box at first but now goes for it. My MC/Persian was harder to convince, but is using it after a few weeks. Now there's almost no clay litter at all in either box.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts