Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted three times a few weeks ago and never heard back from you. Please let me know how I can get approved. Thank you! :)

I picked up two kittens from the shelter yesterday for the first time. They are three months old. Both have conjunctivitis in their eyes. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the ointment medicine in their eyes? After tonight, it will just be me who has to do it on my own. My mother can help today because she is visiting. But I'm on my own tomorrow.

They keep closing their eyes and squirm alot. I guess this is expected. Vet said to get it in their lower eyelid. Easier said than done. Especially when it will just be me. :( I would appreciate any suggestions please.

·
Super Moderator
26,804 Posts
You've been approved for a while now, people have responded to one of your other posts. You might try hitting F5 to refresh your settings.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I adopted three kittens who all had conjunctivitis. At first it was stubborn, then it responded well to 3x/daily treatment, though in both orange kittens it recurred a few times until they were a year old or so.

My method was to wrap them in a towel so they couldn't squirm. I'd pull the lower lid down with my thumb and apply the ointment with the other hand. It wasn't always perfect, but they always got some. They came to expect it and would take off when they saw me coming.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts