• Other (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't use a machine, I just put a cone with coffee on top of the mug and pour the water through it. I pour a small amount of water through 1 or 2 times before pouring most of it, unless it's very finely ground coffee.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I love coffee therefore this is a great thread for me :lol:
Ever since I started drinking coffee I used what you call Ibrik. This is also the same method they use when they make the coffee slowly on hot sand >>mm yum, stronger and more flavor{aka À la Turque (as Turquish people do :wink: )}. IbriC(with a 'c') is also the Romanian word for that specific coffee pot. We borrowed it from our Turquish invadors.
I also use the percolator and the coffee machine. I voted for the latter since I have used that a lot more lately. Either method is fine with me as long as the result is strong black coffee :twisted: .
Because I have done it for so long I will always have an affinity with the Ibrik method however.
One more thing - not only do I love the taste of coffee but also the smell. It is very inspiring to me to have a cup of coffee, a book ..preferable in French this time around...and I don't despise the smell of a burning cigarette meating the coffee's at all. I could read like that all day. You could call me a bookworm :wink: .

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I am a semi-reformed coffee addict! I used to drink more than a pot a day. Then I had to change to decaf, and lo and behold, I was not lying awake until 5 a.m. as often! I drink coffee black with sugar when I drink it, but now those times are rare. However, I recently discovered that cafe' au lait is excellent. I use dry creamer instead of milk. Mmmmm, creamy. I haven't had a cup in months, but I'm going to go do that now! :D

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I depends what I fancy, I have a perculator and instant.
With instant I have a lot of coffee, but also a lot of milk, with perculator I have strength3 (which is nice with cream)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I've been through it all with home brewing, drips, espresso machines, gravity fed cosmo inductive bottom poured magnetic resonance percolator, etc. You name it, I've tried it.

now- bottled water+microwave+folgers instant= mmmmmmahhhh!

...and I've never been happier, and the dentist says my teeth are far less stained than they normally are :lol:

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I like iced tea too. I am much more of a coffe drinker than tea, but I have become pretty fond of some French Vanilla favored tea I found recently. With a little honey and some milk, it's like a dessert! :D

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's an interesting iced tea mix:

Make the following three concentrates, then experiment with mixing and diluting them to find the right mix.

1. Concentrated Black Tea: Steep 4 tablespoons(T) of loose black tea in 5 ounces water for 5 minutes just below boiling.

2. COLD STEEPED mint tea: Put 4T loose spearmint and 2T loose peppermint in a sealed full quart bottle of water. Let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours.

3. Gather 2-3 feet of the ends of spruce branches(with dark green needles, NOT the young light colored blueish needles). Put in closed pot with 12-16 ounces water(or enough to cover needles), steep on low heat for at least 20 minutes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts