Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to find Wellness, Innova, and Felidea canned food, and served Scully a little bit of each mixed together today. She ate some, maybe half, before I took it away 20 minutes later. Should I continue to mix them? Or alternate days that I feed a certain food on?

·
Registered
709 Posts

I mix my kittie's dry food but i don't think i'd do it to wet food, it kind of reminds me of taking three types of soup and mixing them..i wouldn't eat it lol i would alternate just because it may make a gross tasting combination. or you could try alternating and see which your kitty likes better(eats more of).

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I had to go through just about every brand of cat food before I found a few that my cat would actually eat. It just takes time, patience, and unfortunately some loss of food and $...

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
The point of variety is, well, variety. Mixing 3 things together every day still counts as only 1 thing. I would rotate flavors at each meal, or at least daily.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
821 Posts
I give my cats a different flavour every day. Also, they get pate style in the morning and chunks in gravy at night.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Mine also get a different flavor every day. We do also switch between innova, felidae, wellness and petguard at any time with no tummy troubles. I suppose since they are all high quality foods and contain similar ingredients, it's not much of a shock to their system.

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I'll try alternating flavors. Scully's not too picky, I imagine because she was hungry for so long she'll take anything she can get, but it makes sense to start the kittens off with variety. I'm starting off by serving her only a couple spoon-fulls, so as not to upset her stomach. Is this good?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts